Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Shit Storm made land fall

and is heading due west for Sanity Island
Oh. My. God.  This is so stressful!  Just when you think you’ve got your shit together you get slapped in the face with…  MORE SHIT!
So Cody moved into the house. Great!  Transportation of our household goods (HHG) was arranged and is scheduled for pick up November 1st. Fantastic! Unaccompanied baggage is another issue that Cody is dealing with right now, as I type.  Hopefully that can get arranged BEFORE the first so we can actually have some stuff to use in our new home like, oooh, I don’t know… dishes, sheets, towels, pots, pans, ya know, stuff we need so we don’t have to wait until the HHG arrives 2 months after I do!  Got my application for my no-fee passport submitted today and sent to the travel office to arrange my travel until… here’s the part where we slam on the proverbial brakes; Roxy’s rabies shot was not administered BEFORE she was micro chipped.  So they tell me she must be revaccinated for rabies and can’t travel until 21 days have passed.  So now I have to beg friends and family for a place to stay for 21 days or cough up the cash to live in an extended stay motel for 21 days.  And who’s to say that the army will actually have a flight ready by then?  Judging by the way they've done things so far, they’ll probably tell me to come back and get the flight booked once the 21 days are up!
I could ship her separately and travel ahead, not only is that costly, but I would still be begging family and friends to take care of her or coughing up cash to have her boarded.  Besides, Roxy’s been with us almost as long as Cody and I have been together!  She was abused and abandoned before we got her and it would be hard to leave her behind even knowing that she would be coming along shortly.  It’s traumatic enough on me and I actually KNOW what’s coming.  The dogs are gonna wake up one day, eat a tiny breakfast and be stuck in a box that gets moved around by strange people then placed near loud machines for nearly 12 hours, all the while wondering where I went and if I will ever come back.  I guess all of my shit doesn't seem quite as bad when I think about what they’re soon to experience… 
Cody and I spent a lot of the day communicating through email discussing our options and what to do.  In the end, we have to do what we’ve been doing throughout this whole process; taking it one day or one step at a time, which ever we can handle.  My to-do list is phenomenally long and I just keep adding to it.  Some days I look at it and I think “This is impossible!”  but I’m lucky that I have Cody’s level headed attitude; always there with encouraging words, a gentle reminder, and the promise of being together soon.  And usually a smart-ass joke tacked on at the end to make me laugh. He’s just as supportive an ocean away as he was right next to me.  So If I have to trod through this shit storm to get to him, I will.  I know he’ll be there waiting with open arms and a bucket to help me clean it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment