Thursday, October 24, 2013

October Update

again with the not writing enough!
Boy these months are flying by faster than I can keep up with them!  I guess that’s a good thing while Cody is away.  It’s strange to think this time last year I was stressing about the whole process of PCSing to Germany.  A year can go by so quickly!
This Halloween will be my 30th birthday… again!  YAY! (just go with me on this) I’m looking forward to actual trick-or-treaters!  Since I’ve lived on my own, I’ve had maybe 2 kids come to the door.  No fun, no fun at all.  I here that on post people run out of candy quick.  Some one on a local FB page here, complained that they spent $600 on Halloween candy to pass out last year… um, A.) who does that and then B.)complains about it… you’re the dummy who decided to buy $600 worth of Halloween candy. I bought 6 bags and when it’s gone, sorry kids.

Operation Rising Star was A LOT of fun!  I placed 2nd over all and won $300!!  I was so glad to have a friend who could play guitar and was willing to sacrifice some of her time to practice with me.  I must say, we killed it on Hallelujah!  Everyone seemed pretty bummed that I placed second but I’m just happy I got some money!  The new mattress fund in underway!
OP Rising Star

A few weeks ago I went to a pumpkin festival in Altendorf with a friend and her daughter and before that I went pumpkin picking with the McKenzie Clan.  Going to an actual pumpkin patch was pretty nifty!  They give you gloves, a wheelbarrow, and small par of pruning clipper to cut the stem.  I don’t claim to know much about growing anything especially pumpkins, so maybe it was all the rain or the lack of sun, but a lot of the pumpkins were green.  Or partly green at least.  I didn’t care though… I thought some of the half orange ones looked pretty cool!  And watching the kids pick out and try to carry around pumpkins was pretty funny too.
McKenzie Kids
The Pumpkin Fest is probably one of the most awesome things I’ve ever gone to!  My taste buds were in Heaven!  There was pumpkin every thing.  I tasted a bratwurst filled with pumpkin, I had a slice of pumpkin pizza, and you know those roasted, candied nut stands?  The had all the tasty nuts and PUMPKIN SEEDS!  I saw pumpkin soup and a creamy looking pumpkin drink, I also saw pumpkin pastries and pumpkin cheesecake.  The best though by far was the Pumpkin Sekt!  I had a glass and bought a bottle.  I probably should have bought a case!  It was a fall-oholic’s, pumpkin-loving dream come true!
Pumpkin Fest1
In matters related to eating… kind of; Cody is getting super skinny and I am trying to keep up, but with things like pumpkin festivals happening, it’s a little hard.  Nevertheless I am in week 11 of the LiveFit program and only have one week left to complete it!  I am quite proud of my self so far, as I’ve never worked out like this ever!  It’s hard and it get’s harder every two weeks, and while I haven’t lost much weight while on it, I have been measuring my self every two weeks and I’ve lost quite a few inches!  Hopefully by the time Cody get’s back I’ll have lost a higher percentage of weight than him… I really want to win our wager!  If I win HE plans a romantic get away… if he wins I plan it.  So really it’s win win anyway, I just want him to do the trip planning for a change.

Last weekend I went on a pottery trip to Poland, and I swear there was a woman who looked SO MUCH like my late Aunty Stacy that I had to ask if she had any relation to the Jurgelewicz name… she didn’t but the resemblance was remarkable!  I would love to post pictures of my awesome finds, but this was a gift shopping trip so I will only show you want I got for myself; these two lovely cake stands to add to my collection!
cakestands
Again I hope to write more next month, the colors here are beautiful so I hope to take some photos before the time change this weekend.  Until then Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment