Monday, September 30, 2013

September came and went,

and I didn’t blog enough!
I hate it when I forget to blog!  I have actually been kind of busy so I kind of have an excuse… right?  Fall is also in full swing and the beautiful crisp weather has occupied much of my attention.
My HBB is up and running and I had two clients for the high school homecoming dance.  They were two of the girls who were in the musical I helped out with so I already knew them but I’ve gotta start somewhere!  They both looked lovely all dressed up and it made me nostalgic for my own high school dances.
We also went to Oktoberfest!  It was a lot of fun, and I’m glad I can say that I went but I’ve been to other fests and enjoyed myself more.  If you ever go know that it is crowded and expensive.  I expected this and went prepared, so I spent less money than I thought I would (which is always nice!)  but still spent more than I would have at any other more local fest.  We met and spoke with people from all over the world which was REALLY nifty.  I met a Polish girl who pronounced my maiden name flawlessly!
Oktoberfest1
Oktoberfest2
The last big thing going on is Operation Rising Star.  It’s a contest similar to American Idol but it’s for the Military.  I performed in the local preliminary a capella round this past Friday and made it through to the next round where the community will be voting.  I sang Gershwin’s Summertime, if any one is curious.  The next round is this coming Friday and we are allowed to have accompaniment, which should be fun.  The winner of the entire contest gets to record a professional demo CD at a studio with all costs paid including travel.  If I made it that far, I don’t even know what I would record… opera probably!  But right now it’s just a lot of fun to do, and no matter how far I get it’s bound to be a good time!
I’ll be better next month and I will update you all on the OP Rising Star.  Wish me luck and Tschüss to you until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment