Saturday, August 1, 2015

Babies in utero and PCSing

How is this less stress?
As we’ve prepared for this PCS and I look back at our first, I’m pleased that this one has been so easy (at least on my emotions) especially with the added “stress” of pregnancy.  I don’t know if I’m lucky or just that experience has lessened the stress , but between my pregnancy and this PCS, I can’t say which has been easier.
We knew way back when we started saving for IVF that we would be cutting it close with our PCS date, but one chance at affordable IVF was worth the possible stress of new pregnancy combined with a military move.  Turns out there was nothing to worry about!  Other than being tired all the time, I’ve had virtually zero pregnancy symptoms.  People always ask about morning sickness and expect it to be twice as bad with twins but I rarely felt nauseated before I became pregnant and haven’t felt so once in the past 12 weeks.

With that worry off the table, it was easy to focus on the move.  While it did have some small road bumps it was NOTHING compared to the things we’ve handled in the past!  Cody’s orders were a little late, but scheduling movers, car shipment, and transportation was smooth and quick.  Everything we’d heard about car shipment led us to believe it was a nightmare.  We are ultimately cheap, and refused to spent hundreds of Euro having our car detailed, so we did it our selves.  We cleaned the shit out of our car, and it looked damn good.  Yes, it took the better part of a day, and maybe we even over did it, but it passed the inspection with no problems.  The inspectors were kind and talkative and nothing like the nightmares we had heard.  House hold goods took a day, unaccompanied baggage took 20 minutes, and our house inspection?  Less than 3 minutes.  The man walked in, checked his papers, asked if our trash cans had been cleaned and place in the storage shed, then handed us our signed housing clearing form.  We couldn’t hide our surprise that he didn’t even want to walk through the house with us.  He said the pre-inspection said nothing was wrong, and that made his job easy.

As I sit in this hotel room (that I’ve heard horror stories about since we moved here, which are CLEARLY unfounded) I’m so relived to not have the incredible stress than I felt during my first PCS.  It has been nice doing it with my husband and not alone.  It has been wonderful being able to understand this crazy military language this time around!  Looking back I was a deer in the headlights of a Stryker;  half the time I had no clue what was being said to me or what I really needed to do!  Both Cody and I were running around trying to accomplish the same thing with a six hour time difference.  This time we did it together, like the team we are.  Every major obstacle we’ve tackled together, has been easier together.  Sometimes I worry about the fact that we will have two infants to care for, twice as many diapers, two babies teething, two toddlers to potty train, ALL AT THE SAME TIME… But then I remind myself that we can handle it. (Sometimes Cody has to remind me too.)  It will be new and different, but I have no doubt that we’ll figure it out.

Until next time, Tschüss

No comments:

Post a Comment