Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Day At The Pool


The pool in our little town of Vilseck is quite possibly the most lovely, well kept, and clean pool I’ve ever been to. And when I went yesterday I brought my camera so I could show you all just how awesome it really is!
Let’s start with the reason you go to the pool; to swim!  There are three, count them; THREE pools at the Vilseck Schwimmbad!  There is a lap pool with two diving boards labeled “swimmers” Just look at that crystal blue water.
Swimmers pool

Now take a closer look at the roof of the building beyond the pool to the right.
solar heated pool
That is the solar powered heating system for the pool.  Doesn’t get more energy efficient or “green” than that!  And you can’t really see it well from the photo, but you get a beautiful view of the rolling Bavarian countryside as the pool is at the top of a hill.
The second pool is labeled “non-swimmers” and has a cute amoeba shape with two water slides.  The best part is there is no life guard at the top telling you when you can go down.  Everyone somehow manages to use that mythical thing called “common sense” and no one seems to get hurt… straaaaange.
non swimmers pool
The yellow one is the most fun since it’s all twisty and curvy.  The metal one is just like the old school slides on a play ground, and it slings you straight out.  This pool is frequented by families and smaller kids mostly. 
The third and final pool is a shallow wading pool for the littles surrounded by fun playground stuff.  Just look at the cute little elephant slide!  What kid wouldn't wasn’t to go down that?  I want to go down it!  (I tried… I’m much to long)
wading pool
play ground
More playground equipment!  Back along the path are…..
sand box
a HUGE sand box!
beach volleyball
Beach volleyball!
Ping-pong
And a ping-pong table!
There is also a little fenced in area with tiny goal posts for the kids to play soccer.
mini soccer
And there is vast amount of lawn to spread your towel out and lay in the sun or bring a whole picnic and spend the whole day.
Pool1
If you don’t want to bring your own food or just want a nibble there is a snack bar.  It serves not only the yummy pool side treats one would expect, like ice cream and candy, but they also serve beer.  German beer (which we all know is pretty damn amazing).  You can get fries and a currywurst if you so choose.

Pool2

One might think a beautiful and well-kept pool such as this one may carry with with it a hefty entry fee.  One would be wrong. (Game of Thrones?  Eh? EHHH?)  It’s only 2.50EUR to get in, or if you happen to be a frequent pool goer such as myself you can have your very own season pass for 35EUR.
Daurkarte
(I blocked out my address to avoid possible creepy stalkers, but I left my birthday so you can wish me a happy one when it comes ‘round, stalker or not.)
So as you have probably gathered at this point, I love our pool!
cabanaMegan's hat
Cabana and a lady bug on my friends hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment